Planning for the future often means planning for a time when your loved ones will live on without you. While we hope that yours is a long and fulfilling life, the unexpected can happen and without planning, leave your family without financial security. Through our Legacy Planning services, we will help you put a plan in place that will allow your family to survive without you.
By asking questions and listening to your visions and dreams, we will help you build a solid foundation that will allow your legacy to live on.
We ask: can your family survive without you?
- How would your bills get paid?
- Will your children be able to attend college?
- Can the family stay in the family home?
- If you own a business could it survive without you?
- How would your absence affect your key customers?
- Would the managers and employees know what your wishes are for the business, your legacy?
- Did you plan to sell your business? If so, to whom?
- Or would you like to leave your business to your children? Since different family dynamics require different planning techniques, it is important to have a strategy in place ahead of time. We will work together to ensure that you leave behind as little chaos as possible.
Then we check and double-check what you have in place.
- We request all documents to confirm they are in line with your goals for your business and family: Wills, Trusts, medical directives, operation agreements, key employee contracts, etc…
- We'll work with your attorneys and other advisors to make sure everyone in on the same page with regards to your goals. If you don't have attorneys, we'll help you secure one and set up the appropriate legal documents.
- We review ownership of all assets to assure they're in line with your will. This is a critical step because any assets that aren’t titled correctly may not legally follow your wishes.
We wrap up by creating a strategy for the future
Once we have built a foundation for your estate and legacy planning, we can start to look at the best strategies to continue to build your wealth as efficiently as possible. We do this using our vast suite of investment and insurance programs.